Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

If I am MIA here, I might be tapping the keyboard at MaKiMeJi. Come join us there.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

if we can only...

I am awed at the the power of barely a-square-inch something.

A bite size. Or technically smaller than a bite size BabyRuth.

So small and yet so powerful. It can wipe out a single character or everything in a flash. With just a tap of a finger.

Small and not really terrible. (it can only be terrible if you pushed it by mistake)

I am most certain 'tis the most frequently used button in my PC. When making write-ups. Email. Reports. Blogging. Organizing my files.

I am definitely guilty for over-using its power.

Presenting the delete button.

It seems like I just can't get enough of it, of using it.

So what if we take its power to a higher level? If it were possible.

Imagine if human memory works similarly like our typical computer memory. And creation of files started from birth up to how old we are now (and what we are now). Meaning, it still continues to create now. Files and files would have amassed in our brain already. Files and files of human activities. Of experiences. Of knowledge. Of people we have met and known. Of places we have been. Of every bit and all pieces of ourselves.

If files are created in our brain, in our lives, imagine everyone's need to perform a purging process. Not much of capacity concern but of human narcissistic tendencies. Of wanting to be perfect before anyone's eyes, to be prude. Of the need to be appreciated, to be loved.

Although I am far from calling myself as prudent, I am not excluding myself of these self-serving needs.

I shouldn't have done it, press delete. I shouldn't have said that, press delete. I shouldn't have seen it, press shift-delete. I shouldn't have heard that, press shift-delete.

But then what would we learn out of what remains in our memory? Or would we ever learn if we can erase as easily as that?

The PC remains a PC, one piece of equipment which is dependent on its user. It cannot decide on its own, meaning it has not learned one bit. Not from the users' mistakes. Not by repetition.

But GOD designed our brain to retain information, experiences, memories. To remember. Bad and good things alike. Because it is by remembering, by recalling the past, that we all learn.

Don't we?


This must have been the result
to my constant staring at the keyboard yesterday.

No comments:

 


>