Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

If I am MIA here, I might be tapping the keyboard at MaKiMeJi. Come join us there.

Friday, June 20, 2008

I'm Just Surprised


I had to write about this - no, not because I think it's uncool but because this totally caught me off guard. I am just sooo surprised- that is all. Despite being an avid viewer of Heroes, I didn't know George Takei, who plays Kaito Nakamura the billionaire "hero"-daddy of Hiro Nakamura (Masi Oka) in the TV series Heroes is not straight.

Please, please...I'm not out to ridicule him (and why should I?). I respect him as an actor - I think he's very effective in all the roles that he has played - be it on TV or the silverscreen.

I also do not want to say anything about homosexuality (nor I have the intention of going in that direction now) but I just wanted to say that I didn't know this bit about George Takei. I really had no clue. And this newsbit got me disoriented for a moment.

And let me quote a part of what George said:
For now, Brad and I are enjoying the delicious dilemma of deciding where, when, and how we will be married. Marriage equality took a long time, but, like fine wine, its bouquet is simply exquisite.
As a last note, I'd like to reiterate that everyone has the right to be respected and accepted for what they are. Let's celebrate love then.

post signature

No comments:

 


>