Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

If I am MIA here, I might be tapping the keyboard at MaKiMeJi. Come join us there.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Meme: Behind the Decision



Imagine, being out on a movie house date. Go pick a date. Me, if it’s not my hub then it has to be either Brad Pitt or Wentworth Miller. Oh, slap me, I'm dreaming. Lol.

But okay. You have your bucket of popcorn, some drink and you're snuggled in the warmth of someone you love. Life couldn't get much better than this, ey? You thought while waiting for the show to start.



But holy mackerel, when the show started, you found out that it's NOT the uninterrupted movie you were expecting. All because of the numerous advertisement in between!



You start to get up and look around you. Wait, wait, am I in a movie house or what? You demand. With the number of ads, it certainly looks like you're only watching a mini-series at home.



And you scowl. Disappointed? Let's be honest. The ads bothered you, ey?



And this may be akin to how you feel when you see paid post in blogs.



And no, I'm not pointing a finger at you because I USED to feel that way, too. Pardon me.

****

Maiylah tagged me to do this interesting meme, the reason why I decided to monetize my blog.

~ TAG STARTS HERE ~

“BEHIND THE DECISION” originator: Thesserie

Instruction:

  • Please share the reason/s why you decided to do ads/paid posts. State how your earning is helping you in any way.
  • Pass it to 2 bloggers/publishers only.
  • After my name, list ALL your monetized blogs. If you have more than one blog, add the next blogs by using numbers only (such as 1, 2, 3, see my example) instead of long
    links.
  • Use the button but please no direct linking.
  • I would really appreciate it if you could drop me a line should you decide to entertain this tag. I would like to pay you a visit and add you on my list.

CURRENT KNOWN PARTICIPANTS

Thesserie, 2 & 3 Marie Vanidosa , 2 Girlie, 2 & 3 Rhada Rach , 2 Ironnie, 2 Jane Mari Jo Ghee, 2, 3 & 4 Sasha 2, 3, 4 Liza Idealpinkrose, 2 rems, 2 KK, 2 Laura Williams Maiylah, 2 & 3 ZAM you’re next!

~ TAG ENDS HERE ~


As of 11/23/07 16:12:38, conversion @ Metrobank is PhP 42.850 = $1. That's it. I'm not going to beat around the bush.


True, I have a regular job, decent job, in one of the leading telecoms in this country. The pay is good, although compared to the how much telco engineers get abroad, I'm just earning peanuts. Mmm... again, let's just take a look at the forex conversion because it explains a lot. :D



So although the pay is good (besides I live on a very low-maintenance lifestyle ;D), this doesn't say, I do not want to earn extra cash. Yes, why not? I could use some extra and I could do A LOT with it. :D Imagine getting PhP210 for, let's say, a 50 to 100-word post. That's fairly easy. But I'm a newbie to this thing and I'm still groping the ropes.



Back when I was still not doing paid post, I was a bit skeptical at "the rewards" for doing the work. Yes, I read it in lots of sites but I have no way of knowing if it's true. But when I hear it from friends, it's different. I could just be contented writing posts but it is encouraging to hear friends, like Maiylah;D who get much out of writing paid post.



So I made the big switch. And just the other day, I began thinking of writing paid post as a game, much like complete-the-sentence game - it definitely gives my gray matters some exercise. I like it, it's fun.



So I hope you'll bear with the paid post 'round here. Don't run away, please.



Now, I'd like to hear from ZJ, Serena and Sonya. If you're not yet done with this and if you're not too busy. :D Would really love to hear your story.

post signature

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zed,ganina ra gud balik balik ning imong sayt inday kanunay stak ap ba ngano ba kaha?maka firefox man siguro mong duha ni ZJ! hasta sad sa iya ay! anyway highway,first of all sorry to hear about matt's b-day wa man diay nakigcooperate si Mr Sunshine.Di bali,your bugoy got the cutiest cake of all,hasta sad sya very cuty! so who cares about Mr.Sun!

Re: bahin aning pagpupulot nato aning dolyares sa gagamba world.Wa sa koy say ani kay suko ko sa ilaha sa mga reject nako nga post.But,recently(last week) lima ka post approved dayun after couple of days.Nag bag-o man siguro ani sila ug siste.Ang techno daga nila mao lang guihapon ka dugay mag reply.Kay duha sa akong post way tracking code ba,ngutana ko ug ngano.Na approve na lang ang post wa guipoy tubag ang buang ay hahaha

Anyways,ika nga maski barya barya basta pag naipon na pede ng pang lakwatsa.Duaw dayun ka nako ba:)

Raquel said...

Don't worry, I am still your vivid reader. ;) I subscribed your feeds kaya alam ko kung ano ang personal updates mo.

Maayo bitaw ni nga sideline Zen. Kadako na anang $100 kung ma convert sa peso. Gusto lagi ko mo apil pod pero cge ko atras abante kay gamating pa jud akong mga anak, they need more attention.

Asa ka nga telecom Zen, smart, globe, philcom, samsung, hehehe. Meet mo sa ako sis para imo sya i-encourage aning paid post.

Anonymous said...

Hi Z---interesting intro, very thoughtful. I've always found that we start a blog for one reason and then once the direction changes to paid blogging the blog changes. No t sure for better of for worse, but it changes.

Sreisaat said...

Amen, jud, Zam re: paid blogging! Will do mine when I return to Phnom Penh. Am out of town and won't be back by Tuesday (puhon).
Hope you are having a great weekend@!

Serena said...

Hello ZAM, thanks for the tag. It is now published at ChatnChill


Serena

Anonymous said...

Hi Zam! Thanks for letting me know that you did this tag. But let me please say first that I'm a WENTWORTH MILLER diehard..ekkkk!!*lol* he is so sexy ha ha ha!
I wish you fun time writing opps, I think you will enjoy it :)

..I am adding you to my list and blogroll.

God Bless!

Scribbit said...

What? Huh? Oh, I'm sorry, I got stuck back at the Wentworth Miller picture . . .

Anonymous said...

thanks for doing the meme, Zen .... grabe, earlier today I thought I needed to buy a new computer ... it kept "crashing" everytime I open the browser! karon mura ug ok na. SO FAR...
yeah, that's how I think about it,too (paid post-making) ... does keep my gray matters on their toes...and it's fun, too. specially if I like the topic. :)

thanks kaayo!
happy start of the week!
ps. medyo hinay-hinay sa ko these days with the paidposts ... I need a rest! hahaha.
of course, will still be dropping by every now and then! :)

 


>