Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

If I am MIA here, I might be tapping the keyboard at MaKiMeJi. Come join us there.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Fire, No Fire

I was typing (a post :D) in the office while England Dan was serenading me when my officemate peeked in the office and said, "Did you see the fire?"

Fire?!? With my heart beating like hooves of galloping horses, I jumped off my seat and head for the front door.

A small crowd of curious onlookers was already gathering down the street, just outside the gate. And I spotted a TV station news crew, possibly from the TV network sitting beside our building, already capturing a video.

Then there it was, near the transformers on one of the electric post right at the corner of our fence. It was just a small fire, but one which could spread easily to the fiber optic cables installed up there and to God-knows-where. It was slowly eating the rubber insulations of some cables.

It's controlled now, thanks to the guards and the thing called Halotron but I'm still a little jarred and finding it hard to breathe. Guess, I need to chill out, maybe listen to Gregorian music and munch comfort food, so off I go now.


post signature

5 comments:

Cecily R said...

I'm glad no one was hurt, and I'm glad you got some good music and cozy food to make you feel better!

Melanie said...

Of course you need some comfort food. I'll join you!

Sonya said...

Gregorian music will calm you for sure. I'm glad no one was hurt. That's scary stuff. If I were you, I'd go home, put on some sweat pants, get a big bag of tortilla chips and make some queso. Now that's comfort!

Unknown said...

You are allowed, that is traumatic stuff. Glad it was small and no one was hurt. Go get your comfort on!
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

glad to know no one was hurt!
I would have been scared, too!

 


>