Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

If I am MIA here, I might be tapping the keyboard at MaKiMeJi. Come join us there.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thankful Thursday on a Friday


If you look at this unedited picture taken last Saturday, you would have deduced we had all the sun I was praying for on Matt's party.


But this is a misleading picture because Mr. Golden Sun actually went on leave that day. And in his place was Mrs Relentless Rain.


Looking at the first picture, you wouldn't have thought that the other side looked like this, would you?


The past few days, the weather was dreary. That's due to tropical storm Lando that swept the Visayas area, but which also affected some parts of Mindanao. There are reported damages and casualties but I am grateful that it's down at minimum. And I hope there’d be no more addition to that, especially since another typhoon is on its way round here.

But I thank God for bringing all sorts of weather- good and bad. Because we all need a little of everything --like in our lives, sometimes, we need storms to keep us on the right track.

Anyway, despite the rain,
Matt had a good time on his party. And I'm glad because that's what really matters to me. I'm also thankful that our friends and relatives were able to bring their kids and join Matt on his party. I’m also glad that despite the bad weather, my husband arrived home safe and that he was able to attend Matt's party. And more importantly, I am thankful of my son's life. He is a precious gift God blessed us with and everyday, I am learning to be a better person because of him.

Last Monday, because of the dreary weather, some flights were canceled in our area, including one that should have brought my husband back to his workbase. But I am grateful. No, I was not too happy that my hubby’s flight was canceled; in fact, I was disappointed because I didn’t want him to miss a day of work because he has just transferred in this company. But I couldn’t allow myself to be eaten up whole with negativity brought about by something I do not have control of. So when something unexpected and disappointing happens, like a canceled flight, I’ve got to look at it in a different perspective. And certainly, a canceled flight can only mean a little extension to the time we can be with my husband. And yes, it did allow Matt (and me) few hours of his company. For that, I am grateful.




post signature


8 comments:

Melanie said...

I love your thankful list.

The pictures from Matt's bday look so nice.

eph2810 said...

I am sorry that you had such bad weather for your son's birthday party, but it sounds like you made the best out of it...

In a way it is neat that you had an extra day with your husband. I praise every day I have my hubby...there are just enough of them *smile*...

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart...Blessings to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

i learned from my sister na grabe daw ulan didto sa Leyte ... hoping and praying that the rain on your side isn't as terrible.

take care, Zen!

Love Bears All Things said...

Great list! Looking at everything for its blessing is a great idea.
Mama Bear

Heather said...

It looks like the birthday party was memorable even without lovely weather. Doesn't sound like you let "rain" get you down though!

Raquel said...

Hi Zen, great list on Thankful Thurs. Kalami anang cake oi, mingaw na ko ana. Looking at that pool, I'm sure nag enjoy pod ligo si Matt diha.

About the bad weather, I heard it in the news too.

Btw, I have an award for you, just get it here.

Sonya said...

What a great attitude you have! I wish I could behave more like this when I face problem situations.

Love the Barney cake!

Lisa B @ simply His said...

Oh, so sorry for the bad weather. Looks like you made the best of it. I love the sign in the right sidebar :)

Thanks for sharing!
Lisa B.

 


>