I'm tired. I'm sleepy. I'm home.I must really be sleepwalking or sleepblogging, whatever, now.
But in my half-closed eyes state, I'm uncannily posting the reasons why I try to get as much sleep as possible. Because the lack of it:
- Makes my reflexes slow to react. And then I think I become clumsier when I don’t get enough of it. Did you just hear the clink of glass breaking in the background?
- Gives me hyperacidity attacks and gas pains.
- Makes me want to munch more than I normally consume. And that is more likely to worsen my hyperacidity.
- Gives me a Froggy feeling. I mean, it-or the lack of it- makes my pair of not-deep-set eyes horribly puffy and buggy.
- And I get the feeling that I look all wrinkled as a raisin. Que, horror!
- Twists my tongue and makes me end up enunciating words the wrong way. And you’d hear me say, “Can I have my bell now?” when I meant to ask about the bill.
- Addles my memory. Like this afternoon my officemate asked me where
is and I went, “Mmm…(thinking deeply)” and then after a sec I said, “We’ll just Google it.” No sooner had I said that than I realized that I do know where Oman is. Oman
- Disorients me and I mess up with people’s names. So, John... este Hon, if you hear me calling you by mistake using somebody else’s name, pardon me.
- Causes parts of me to go unsynchronized. Like at this moment, my mind is already shrieking “Go to bed now!” yet here I am still tapping at the keyboard. Oh, I get totally disjointed. I don’t think I’m thinking straight. So off I scoot now.