Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

If I am MIA here, I might be tapping the keyboard at MaKiMeJi. Come join us there.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

B-O-R-A-T

Finally. I have seen BORAT. And I'm so glad that I was able to watch the film (in the office!). At last. Alright, alright, I'm kinda late. But better late than never, so goes the cliche.

Anyway, the film is about a Kazakh journalist who was sent to the great USA to observe and learn about its culture.

When I saw print ads of this film on the newspaper months (or was it a year) ago, I was intrigued. And honestly, I couldn't quite get it off my mind. But movie watching was out of question, given that I have a tot to care of and time for some silverscreen viewing was and is the least of my concerns. So I missed its showing in the local theater. And time for home viewing is limited, too. But I was able to read reviews of this and needless to say, I'm all the more intrigued and silently longing to get a copy and watch it. Hah, at last.

Wacky, crazy film. Silly. It is pretty hilarious.



A dash of sarcasm here. And some toilet humor there.

Oh well, a little slapstick in some ways but you will not miss the sarcasm in the way the film tackles sensitive and controversial issues, like the war with Iraq or the race issues (about the Romanian and the Jews). Ironically and unexpectedly, it is witty in that sense too. (The film is full of ironies).

A carefully crafted satire. Mind blowing funny! Two-thumbs up!

I love it. But I don't think I can recommend this to nerds who don't have the humor nerve to laugh at themselves or at life's awkward moments, and maybe in all circumstances.

Starring Sacha Baron Cohen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mag costume sad ko ing-ana...

 


>