Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

If I am MIA here, I might be tapping the keyboard at MaKiMeJi. Come join us there.

Friday, May 30, 2008

Of Shades And Blinds


I was checking a Shutters Blog this afternoon and I was reminded of someone I know who loves blinds and shades. My brother – he is such a huge fan for blinds. In fact, when our wooden windows were changed to French windows, he purchased a couple of Vinyl Blinds for his room (which is now my sister's room). And he also offered to get shutters or blinds for me. But I simply declined. I was never too big on blinds –I guess I'm such an old school girl who loves to put up curtains and drapes on the windows.

But of course, I didn't realize that there could be lots of styles and designs of shutters and blinds. I thought then that everything was just of the same type. Of course I was wrong. Because over at this Shutters Blog, I saw samples of classic Roman Shades, basic Cellular Shades (either light filtering or room darkening purpose), practical Sun Shades (with openness factor* from 14% to 1%), charming Woven Wood Blinds, and a lot more. They also have Designer Roller Shades by Hunter Douglas. And while I was browsing through all these, I spotted this cool green Roller Shades with decorative hem that I would love to put up in our receiving room (you know how partial I am to shades of green). I think it's really neat.

So how about you, are you looking for some blinds? Do you want them cordlooped, cordless or remote-controlled? Check the Shutters Blog now. There are lots of styles and types of blinds and shutters there. It could also help you choose the right fabric and color for your blinds since you can request samples, too.


*The openness factor determines how much light comes in, how much heat protection, and the amount of UV protection.





No comments:

 


>