Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

If I am MIA here, I might be tapping the keyboard at MaKiMeJi. Come join us there.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Try this one

It’s my last day off for the week today and tomorrow, I’ll be going back to work. It’s just fitting that I treat myself to another evening of movie watching. Well, not really in the huge silverscreen as I was just in my sis room watching Lakehouse - a Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock starrer.

I will not give the details of the story but suffice to say that the plot touches on the issue of “another” dimension. A lovestory cut to hit the emotional chords of the audience. Attempting to. And plays tricks with the time element of each character’s lives.

I don’t know why, but I had this feeling that that the director/producer is only capitalizing too much on the Sandra-Keanu chemistry. That’s not a bad thing though because chemistry is important in every lovestory. But so is a good dialogue, sequence. Equally important, I think.

But then this is just my opinion, that’s all. Maybe amateurish. I’m far from writing a review. All in all, it’s not a bad movie. The fans and some viewers may not agree with me. (And the fans may hate me for this!) But I was just looking for the Meet-Joe-Black feel of it but found out that there was none.

No comments:

 


>