Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

If I am MIA here, I might be tapping the keyboard at MaKiMeJi. Come join us there.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

I'm A Big Fan!

All I Wanna Do. If It Makes You Happy. A Change Would Do You Good.

Do these phrases sound familiar to you?

Now try these. Sweet Child o' Mine. My Favorite Mistake. The First Cut Is The Deepest.

All these ring a bell, right? Pray tell me what comes to your mind.

Got it. The name is Sheryl Crow. Singer. Songwriter. composer. Guitarist. Pianist. Grammy winner. Cancer survivor. Single mom.

I so love her. She is one of my favorite singers – then and now. I still remember how my friends and I sang her All I Wanna Do song back when we were in college. I remember the wanting – my wanting to learn to play the guitar while watching my guitarist friend “tickle” the guitar and playing her songs. Oh how I longed to play the guitar. (Pathetic, I know. But do you know that I’m the only who can’t play the guitar among my brothers and sisters? Such a loser in that area. I’m not bitter with that fact though.)

Ah. Nostalgia. Sweet nostalgia. Writing about it makes me feel real good - it brings back wonderful memories.

I still listen to Sheryl from my iPod. And croon her If It Makes You Happy often (yup, bathroom concerts). I know I’d still listen to her ten years from now.

And the good news is she’s back with the album Detours. Yes, after her album Wildflower which was released in the last quarter of 2005 and her fight against cancer, she’s back with an album! Oh yeah! I have not bought a copy yet but I heard it’s doing good in the Billboard Chart. It‘s now down to the 80s (89 actually) but it reached position 2 as its peak.

Interested? Best-est news is, you can check her perform tracks from her Detours album here. There’s even an interview courtesy of Soundcheck (thanks guys!) I saw it. I love it. And I’ll watch it again tonight.



post signature

No comments:

 


>